The Bibliophile Mailing List exists for the purpose of buying and selling rare, scarce, out-of-print, and collectible books and related material; and for discussions pertaining to these activities. Members are expected to observe the amenities of good manners and professional behavior. We welcome articles and discussions about books, including collecting, preserving, selling, etc.
Administrivia: To leave the list, send email to biblio-request@ListService.net and put the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the body of your letter. Biblio is a very busy list. You may find it easier to handle the volume of mail in the digest version. To subscribe to the digest version send the command SUBSCRIBE in the form of email to biblio-digest-request@ListService.net.
In general you may subscribe and unsubscribe at will from biblio. To subscribe send the command SUBSCRIBE to biblio-request@ListService.net [or biblio-digest-request@ListService.net]. To unsubscribe send the command UNSUBSCRIBE to the same address.
It is not necessary that you unsubscribe if you are going to be away, but you should shut off your bibliophile mail. If you do not your mailbox will rapidly fill up and messages will begin to bounce. At that point you will be shut off by me. When you return simply start the mail again.
To shut off the list send a message to biblio-request(or
biblio-digest-request)@ListService.net and in the body say only:
set biblio (or biblio-digest) nomail
To turn it back on again upon your return sned a message to the same
address and in the body say only:
set biblio (or biblio-digest) mail
Bibliophile is a closed list, meaning only subscribers are allowed to post. This is to protect the subscribers from spamming fastbuck operators. It does mean however that unless you are subscribed with exactly the same address as in your "from" return address majordomo will reject your postings. If you change email addresses, it is important that you unsubscribe your old address and subscribe your new one or your postings will be rejected. In this or anything else, if you have a problem with biblio please write the list owner, Lynn DeWeese-Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lynn, of course, prefers his full title of Grand Poohbah of Bibliotenango.
1. The Bibliophile Mailing List is a private list, not a public newsgroup. Subscriptions are $30 per year, payable after a two week free trial period. Payment should be sent to Lynn DeWeese-Parkinson, 822 S Ginger St, Cornelius, OR, 97113, USA, (503)359-0846. You may pay by check drawn on a U.S. bank or by credit card.
2. To post send email to biblio@ListService.com. All posts must have one of the following codes in the subject line: WTB - for books wanted; FS - for books offered for sale; TOPIC or QUERY - for discussion posts; and INFO - - for announcements.
3. WTB or FS lists should be limited to no more than 25 items. For longer lists, you may send a notice to Biblio with the appropriate subject code, indicating that you have a list available for those who are interested.
4. Subscribers are asked to limit themselves to two posts per day in the WTB and FS categories. Posts in discussion categories are not restricted, but you are asked to limit these postings to topics and responses of general interest. Please do not copy the entirety of the original message when responding to the list. Simply delete all but the relevant portions of the original message. Subscribers are asked not to post other subscribers' email elsewhere without the original writer's permission. All articles posted for the Biblio Book School are the property of the Bibliophile Mailing List, copyright 1997, and may not be copied for use other than on Biblio without the express written permission of the Bibliophile Mailing List owner. All other articles posted are the property of the original writer and copyrighted to that writer.
5. All for sale postings must include a name, either a business or an individual, an email address and a phone number. Addresses are optional. Any person offering books for sale on Biblio must include terms of sale and must be willing to accept returns.
6. Personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated on Biblio and will result in probation for a first violation and termination of the subscription of any individual posting such an attack if it occurs a second time. In addition, intentionally posting personal email to the public list is a violation of Netiquette and is also forbidden on Biblio. This too will result in probation and subsequent termination of your Biblio subscription if repeated.
7. Attachments to email are not allowed on Biblio. All messages, lists, summaries, etc. should be sent as part of the body of the post; never as attachments.
8. Complaints regarding other subscribers relating to transactions resulting from postings on Biblio should be directed to the listowner, owner-biblio@ListService.net. Comments or complaints regarding the professional conduct of another Biblio subscriber are not allowed on the list and will constitute grounds for termination of a subscription.
II. Disclaimer of Warranties, Liability & Responsibility
Subscriber expressly agrees that use of this Bibliophile Mailing List (Biblio) service is at subscriber's sole risk. Biblio does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor does it make any warranty as to the results to be obtained from the use of this service, including but not limited to the quality of any merchandise offered for sale or trade, and the trade practices of its members.
ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. BIBLIO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL BIBLIO, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM INFORMATION POSTED ON THE BIBLIOPHILE MAILING LIST, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS MAILING LIST.
IV. Choice of Law, Arbitration and Forum Selection
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Oregon. Subscriber agrees that any dispute shall be resolved through binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and that arbitration shall be held within 25 miles of Portland, Oregon.
Owner; The Bibliophile Mailing List and Grand Poohbah of Bibliotenango
Lynn DeWeese-Parkinson Every day you play
email@example.com with the light of the universe.
822 S Ginger St --Pablo Neruda
Cornelius, OR 97113
USA Visit our web page at: